Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Jordan Collection Part 2

1997 Upper Deck Michael Jordan Commemorative Collection ROY
I don't think you'll find too many 90's Jordan inserts that don't look really great and this '97 Upper Deck ROY Commemorative Collection Die Cut is no different. I've had this card in my collection for a few years now and thought it would be a great addition to The Jordan Collection post series.

Being a die-cut Jordan card is certainly cool enough, but the colors on this card really make it standout. I know it's tough these days for some companies to create solid designs without adding a sticker auto or jersey patch, so maybe they should look back at some of the designs of the past. Plus, those are the Nike Air Jordan XI's on His Airness' feet. Yes, the ones with the patten leather. The background colors, die cut feature and Jordan kicks are cool, but the cursive font ties this classy looking card all together.

Hope you enjoyed the second post in The Jordan Collection series. This is easily one of the best looking Jordan cards in my collection. Happy New Years and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Every Jordan card is a treat to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya there. I have $.25 Jordan cards that just look so sweet. It must be the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card... it's the first time I've seen this insert. Are they pretty rare?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fuji, they are rare at an insertion rate of 1:144 or 1:288. I forgot which.

    ReplyDelete