Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beast Mode In Seattle


With the unlikely win by the Seattle Seahawks yesterday over the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints and Marshawn Lynch's incredible touchdown run, I thought I'd show off a few of the Lynch cards in my collection.




Being a Buffalo Bills fan, there really aren't too many current players to collect. At least, not many to get too excited about. I've been a fan of Lynch since Buffalo Drafted him with the 12th overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. The one-time Pro Bowl selection ('08) is only 24 years old and obviously has some talent. That's why I was disappointed when the Bills traded him to the Seahawks earlier this season. Getting a 4th round pick in this years NFL Draft and a conditional pick in next years didn't help to ease the pain either.

I had hoped the Bills would have held on to the powerful young back to go along with the speedy C.J. Spiller. Fortunately for Seahawks fans and viewers yesterday, that wasn't the case. I'll continue to collect Lynch auto's, ref's and patch cards. His 65 yard run last night reminds me of some of the other famous runs in NFL history like the "Look at that!" MNF Bo Jackson run down the sidelines or the Marcus Allen Super Bowl XVIII run. Lynch's running style may not be the most graceful or the fastest, but he does have a running style. And that running style is called… "Beast Mode".

6 comments:

  1. Hot damn was that ever a nice run. I caught the play live and couldn't believe it, then saw the replay and REALLY couldn't believe it. I've only seen broken tackles like that in NCAA 2011!

    That's some nice Lynch stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice collection. I'd be willing to bet that a few Seattle fans would be looking to drop a hefty price on a few of those kind of cards right now. Amazing run to watch live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Lynch finally showed up in Seattle. I guess he couldn't have picked a better time. Do you think he might actually get the chance to lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ All, Thanks guys. I love the UD Ultimate and Exquisite cards, but can't afford too many of them. The Lynch cards were inexpensive.

    @ TJ, I'm sure the Patriots will find some way to hurt the Bills before these playoffs are over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet Lynch collection Charles... thanks for sharing it. That "Beast Mode" video never ceases to entertain me... and TJ you're right... he couldn't have picked a better time to show up.

    I'm not sure how far the Hawks will go... but they've already exceeded this fan's expectations. Damn... that was a great game. It'll be on my DVR for as long as I'm with AT&T.

    ReplyDelete