Friday, January 28, 2011

Kicks: KG's Footwear Shot At The Defending Champs

Most of the Kicks post series has focused on past iconic athletic footwear, but these new ANTA Kevin Garnett kicks caught my eye. Mainly, because of the message it sends to the Celtics hated rival… the LA Lakers. The shoe has the Celtics record against the Lakers, 152-120, right on the tongue of the shoe. I like the message KG is sending for Sunday's showdown against the Lakers. He believes the Celtics are the superior team/franchise, and he's not afraid to say it… or wear it.

I'm not sure these are the kicks I'd be rockin' on the hoops court, but I could definitely see my self putting these on with a pair of jeans. They're kinda cool. What do you think? Are these cool kicks? Do you like the message KG is sending with these green goblins?

Here's a link to more picks of the ANTA KG 1 shoe: click here.




Images courtesy of counterkicks.com

5 comments:

  1. Hate 'em... but then again I'm a Lakers fan... Sunday's game should be epic as always... hope the Lakers make it 152-121.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I thought you would have something to say about these. I think they have a mid 90's Airwalk look to them with that suede on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... now that you mention them... they do have a sort of "Airwalk" look to them... I was always a Vans man myself. Just another reason... I don't like these... j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booooo!!!! Hate 'em!

    Go purple and gold.


    BTW, not sure if you've seen the most recent Kobe Nike Black Mamba commercials directed by Robert Rodriguez. My company is working on all of them. There are a couple that haven't been broadcasted yet and I'm dying to post them on Youtube, but I can't because of a confidentiality agreement we signed. Sick commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I love any Robert Rodriguez film. Once Upon A Time In Mexico and Sin City are some of my favs. I really don't care for Kobe very much, but I love his attitude and intensity on the court. He IS still the best player in the Association because of his will to win and I respect that. Plus, the Nike Zoom Kobe kicks are pretty cool looking. I haven't seen the commercials yet, but I will keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up. Should be a fun game Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete