Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Update: Yet Another 90's Insert Set ('97 Ultra Court Masters)

As I'm sure you're all well aware of, I love 90's insert sets. The quality of design and creativity was at its peak during that time. Whether it was holograms, die cuts, acetate or the early jersey and auto'd cards, 90's card companies had it going on. I have about five separate 90's insert set collections going right now between basketball and football products, but none is more exciting to me than the '97 Ultra Court Masters acetate basketball set.

I've been working on putting the 15 card set together for sometime now. I wrote a post a few weeks ago about the first few cards I was able to add to start the collection, but was recently able to buy a four card lot for a very reasonable price. Actually, these cards normally sell for right at or just above book value (BV). I paid less than half of BV for the lot.

The lot contains a few of the bigger names in the set like Malone, Stockton and Robinson. The Richmond is certainly a nice card and sells well, but it's not on the same level as the other three featuring HOF'ers.

Here are the other four cards in my Court Masters collection pursuit and a closeup of one of the newly added cards:

3 comments:

  1. These cards are big money... but they sure are beautiful... best of luck Charles on building this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark, 8/15 thus far. Let me know when you get those cards from the GB/MIN game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Charles... I'm looking forward to ripping open that package. As soon as I receive it... I'll do a post on it. Thanks again buddy.

    ReplyDelete