Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Big Thanks To Fuji Over At The Chronicles of Fuji

I'm back from a brief holiday hiatus and have tons of cards, posters, sports books and auto's to blog about over the next couple of weeks. I'll start with an awesome package I got in the mail last week just before the holiday. I guess it was Christmas come early. I lost a friendly bet between myself and Mark over at The Chronicles of Fuji several weeks ago when my second favorite football, the Minnesota Vikings, lost to Mark's Green Bay Packers. Since my team lost, I sent Mark a few cards he wanted (click here). Even though I lost, and badly I might add, Mark sent over a few really cool cards:

Here are some '93 Topps Gold cards of some of my favorite Buffalo Bills players. There's also a very cool Randall Cunningham who was the "Ultimate Weapon" back in the day. I've always liked the Topps Gold cards or really any foiling of any kind.

Before there was Josh Cribbs, there was Joe Cribbs. This 3-time Pro Bowler with the Bills is the uncle of Cleveland Browns player Josh Cribbs. The Marcus Easley card is also pretty cool. It's always fun to get jersey cards. Easley is a bit of an enigma here in Buffalo right now. He was a 3-year walk-on at UCONN before earning a scholarship his senior season. The work ethic will certainly go far here in Buffalo, but he has yet to see any playing time due to a season ending knee injury in late august. However, I have high hopes and am happy to add this card to my collection.
I saved the best for last. This '99 Upper Deck SPx RC Auto of Troy Edwards is one of the best looking cards I've seen in quite awhile. The foil background is almost like a Topps refractor and the auto is nice and big. As many of you know by now, I collect a lot of 90's inserts. The '99 UD SPx RC Auto set is the only football insert set I'm currently trying to put together. This is a nice piece to the puzzle.

Once again, thanks Mark for the cards. It was very nice of you to send me some very cool cards even though I lost the bet. Thanks for reading and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charles... glad you liked the package. I hope you and your family had a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete