Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Have You Seen Me? 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter's Thom Yorke


So I have to admit that I really don't know very much about one of the most popular releases in the hobby today, Topps' Allen & Ginters. I like the cards. I think they are an ultra simple design, but the simplicity is what makes them great. The diversity of athletes and pop culture icons doesn't hurt either. It just seems like a really fun product that I really should know more about. So I've decided to go after one Allen & Ginter's card.

There probably are at least a million different cards and memorabilia items that I'm chasing. I try to keep that number reasonable at only a million. Since a million items is kind of a lot to look for on a busy schedule, I thought I'd share with the Hoopography readers some of the items I'm looking for.

Today's "Have You Seen Me" post is this 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter's Thom Yorke card. Yorke is the lead singer of Radiohead, which also happen to be one of my favorite bands. If you've seen this card, love/hate Radiohead, want to comment on the Allen & Ginter's product or have the card to trade, let me know your thoughts in the comments section of this "Have You Seen Me" post. Thanks and "…Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".

Edit: A fellow blogger has informed me that the Allen & Ginter's Thom Yorke card is actually an "original creation" of Matt over at http://heartbreakingcards.blogspot.com/. Checkout his blog. It's the same as this card… AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm pretty sure that's a 'heartbreaking original' created by matt at heartbreaking cards of staggering genius. it would be cool if topps made a card of him, though.

    http://heartbreakingoriginals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool. Thanks for the help. I will ask him about it. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete