Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Product Preview: 2011 Panini Limited

I was going to post about an Upper Deck Exquisite Marshawn Lynch card that I go in recently, but I just got this press release from Panini PR. Maybe I'll get some Buffalo Bills cards up later today. I'm really excited about the upcoming NFL season.

It looks like Panini will release its 2011 Limited basketball product on October 7th. The checklist of players looks impressive with legends like Scottie Pippen, Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar just to name a few. The press release does say there will be on-card auto's for some of the insert sets, and quite honestly, the number of on-card auto's will make or break this product at the $100 price tag. This is one of the first 2011 basketball releases from Panini in their second year with an NBA license and collectors are expecting more on-card auto's this year than last. It'll be interesting to see more images of cards from this product as they get posted to Panini's homepage and Facebook page.

Although I've not been a huge fan of Limited in the past, the cards in this press release are intriguing. The Glass Cleaners Jabbar card looks great and all the Glass Cleaner auto's are on-card. I also wouldn't mind adding that Kobe to my collection. I know the hobby today is more about auto's and patches, but I would like to see an image of a base card as well. There still are collectors out there that value a well designed base. Here are snippets from the press release:





5 comments:

  1. The Glass Cleaners set looks cool... especially with on-card autos. If I buy any of this stuff though... it'll definitely be singles.

    Thanks for another great product review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I just can't fathom spending the hundred for a chance to get...eh. I'll see if there are any singles I like and nab some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't know about this one. I'll have to see more. Thanks for putting these up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. Love the Glass Cleaner card. I can't wait for these to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I will def peruse the eBay listing when these come out, especially for the glass cleaners. I still cant wait for Panini Basketball HOF to come out soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete