Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mail Time, Some Good Stuff This Week!!!

In truth, this is really a few of the cards I've gotten in over the past two weeks. I did get a visit from the Manila Mail Gods today as well, but I'll save those gems for future posts including a continuation of the "Bo Knows..." Series. Maybe I'll post the Jackson card tomorrow. As far as what I have for today, it's a bit of football and basketball. I got great deals on most of these. Actually, I don't think I paid more than $5.00 for any of these.

I actual bought a lot of eleven of these 1995 Upper Deck SP Foil Grant Hill RC's. Four are of the die-cut variety. I've been picking up Hill cards over the past few months as he was one of my favorite players growing up. These foil RC's are not terribly expensive on the secondary markets, but I do love the look of them. The die-cut versions are even cooler. I have extras of the base and die cut for trade (click here).
There aren't too many Buffalo Bills too collect these days, so I grabbed this 2007 Upper Deck Exquisite Gold Patch /50. The talent is there. He has great speed and hands.
I'm a huge acetate card fan. This Grant Hill 1995 Classic Superior Pix card is really cool. The card features Hill in a Duke University uniform and is an excellent example of the acetate technology that I so love. I'll put this inexpensive set together in time, but I'm currently in the process of putting a number of other sets together.
This is a 1998 Joe Smith Topps Finest Test Gold Atomic Refractor. I love how the card not only has the Atomic Refractor effect on the front, but also the back of the card. It's a nice card, but I'm still not sure if this card is going to make it into my PC or Trade Album.
I'm an Antonio McDyess fan, and nothing screams McDyess fan like an Upper Deck Sign of the Times Auto. This auto is really cool since it highlights McDyess in a Nuggets uniform. The Nuggets are the original team that drafted him.
These are some rookie cards of some young Buffalo Bills on the defensive side of the ball. I'm a die-hard fan, so I'm a sucker for any eBay auction with a promising Buffalo Bills player. The Paul Posluszny RC Auto '07 and the Leodis Mckelvin RC Auto '08 are both National Treasures products.
This is the first Topps Murad card I've added to my collection, but I'm happy with that. This is not a set I'm collecting even though it's pretty cool. The truth is, G Moses is doing a great job at that. I'm only interested in this Gallinari Knicks auto. I'm a Knicks fan and there haven't been too many players to collect over the past few years. I'm looking for a few more high-end Gallinari cards, but his signifies the best of my Gallinari collection thus far.

Hope you enjoyed my mail day and… "Every Bounce of the Ball".

3 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with Murad. Any Exquisite is always good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 94/95 SP basketball... great memories of me ripping through boxes of this stuff in college. There was a point in my life that I probably had close to a complete set of the diecuts. Remember the red & silver Jordans... still love those cards.

    Congrats on the Gallinari Murad auto... I'd like to pick that one up for my PC too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I love the SP Die Cuts. I'm looking for the Jason Kidd RC Die Cut to add to my collection too. The Murad card of Gallinari is awesome. I'm really pumped about that one.

    ReplyDelete