Thursday, October 7, 2010

Several Pennies For Your Thoughts

                                       '95 Topps Finest Refractor                '97 Z-Force Slam Cam

                                 '95 UD SP Championship Die-Cut      '99 TSC Triumvirate Luminescent

As many of you already know, I collect a lot of different players, sets and sports, but Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway inserts are right at the top of that long list of collections. I was a huge fan of the Nike Penny kicks back in the mid 90's as well as the Shaq/Penny led Orlando Magic teams. You can be sure I'll also do a Hardaway sneakers post to add to the Kicks Series, but that's for another time.

As for the cards, I'm not sure which I like best of the four. Each have their own attributes. The TSC Luminescent and Topps Finest Refractor look great throwing back all the colors of the spectrum. The Slam Cam card also has a nice shinny look to it as well (I am very slowly putting the '97 Slam Cam set together), but I really like the Championship Die-Cut card. "Penny" is sporting a pair of Nike Air Up Highs for the first time as a Nike spokesperson. Aside from the die-cut aspect of the card, Upper Deck also utilized a unique rough finish for the surface. It's really a beautiful card.

I have a few post series going currently that highlight some of the player collections I'm building and the "Penny" cards will be added to the series list. Luckily, I have a pretty decent collection already and wont have to wait until I can buy a new card like with the struggling Warren Spahn Series. So stay tuned for a few more Pennies For Your Thoughts and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts are... these cards are sweet! Are you going to send me some Pennys for my thoughts? If so... I'll take any of these. Nice collection Charles.

    ReplyDelete