Monday, February 13, 2012

The Return of Retro: 2012 Panini Hoops And Upper Deck Fleer Retro

It's no secret I'm a fan of 90's inserts and design, so I'm always excited when I hear a company is going to release retro cards. In the case of Panini and Upper Deck, both are releasing 2012 cards featuring actual designs from previously released products. I know some collectors aren't fans of the recycled design idea, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Panini is releasing buyback auto'd cards from the '89-'90 Hoops set in their 2012 Hoops release and Upper Deck is producing some inserts from those awesome late 90's Fleer insert sets for their 2012 Upper Deck Fleer Retro release. It's hard to argue with those great 90's insert designs, but I love buyback auto's too. I think the buybacks will be nice and certain players like David Robinson will be highly sought after, but the use of several designs in the Fleer Retro product is a nice plus. I'm definitely going to have to go after both.

Which one do you do you like best and think will get the hobby into a frenzy?

 2012 Upper Deck Fleer Retro

  2012 Upper Deck Fleer Retro

 2012 Panini Hoops

1 comment:

  1. Ahead of tonight's game against the Cheap Yeezy Boost 700 v2 Static, Rose was spotted getting up shots in an all-black colorway of the Adidas D Rose 10. The model appears to be a celebration of the milestone point of the line, with elements from past Rose sneakers worked into the design. Rose's logo is Fake Adidas NMD featured on the tongues, while Adidas' 3-Stripes adorns the heels. Boost cushioning isn't evident on this particular pair, consistent with its departure on the D Rose 9.

    ReplyDelete