Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How Dumb Does This eBayer Think We Are?

Empty Upper Deck Authenticated Box
I'm all for buying the most obscure and meaningless pieces of sports memorabilia, but an empty Upper Deck Authenticated (UDA) box is a bit ridiculous. At least, that's what I think. However, this opportunistic eBay seller doesn't agree (click here), or he/she thinks most collectors are really dumb.

I guess I can't really blame the seller here. I have seen auctions featuring obvious counterfeits, fakes and frivolous items sell for big money. The empty UDA box has a starting bid of $19.00 with a $7.95 shipping charge. I guess it cost a lot to ship lightweight small cardboard boxes. Anyways, I'm going to watch this item and see if anyone actually bids on it over the next four days. Oh, and the seller's location is about 25 mins from where I live. So please do not generalize this seller's greed on the good people of WNY.

Thanks and as always… "Enjoy Every Thrill of the Auction".

4 comments:

  1. I don't know, I think he convinced me to buy it with the item description. The guy is a true wordsmith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's probably hoping somebody like me will come along... A few months ago, I thought I was buying a wax box of 1992 Game Day football cards. Instead... I paid $4.99 for an empty box.

    http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-ebay-idiot.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The court appearance comes after the Fake Adidas NMD Mob co-founder was captured assaulting a woman on video in July of 2017. At the time, Bari responded to the clip by calling it "misleading" and claimed that the situation had been resolved. But that didn't stop Cheap Yeezy Boost 700 v2 Static taking quick action, confirming within weeks that it had ended any working relationship with the designer.

    ReplyDelete