Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thomas Vanek In The Hoopography House: '09 UD Black Lustrous Materials

'09 Upper Deck Black Thomas Vanek Lustrous Materials Jersey/Auto
I know my Buffalo Sabres are out of the NHL Playoffs, but I've still got the hockey collecting fever. Luckily, this 2009 Upper Deck Black Lustrous Materials jersey/auto card of Thomas Vanek is just the right card for the cure. I'm a big fan of the UD Black line and this Vanek card has it all. It's an acetate card with two multi-colored jersey swatches and a silver auto. It's really hard for me to find any fault with this one, so I'm very excited to add this limited card to my collection.

With the Sabres out of the playoffs, I'm not exactly sure who I want to see win The Cup. Normally, I cheer for whichever U.S. team left in the playoffs with the coldest weather. I just don't think it's right for a non-snow city to get Lord Stanley's Cup. However, I find myself cheering more and more for the Tampa Bay Lighting. Which team are you rooting for to take home The Cup?

Happy Collecting and… "Enjoy Blades of Steal".

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another acetate auto? Beautiful card bud. No question about it... I'm pulling for the Sharks... and if I had to pick an eastern conference team, I'd say TB... since I have a bunch of Lecavalier rookies ;-)

    ReplyDelete