Friday, May 6, 2011

Panini National Treasures In The Hoopography House: Marcus Easley RC Auto

2010 Panini National Treasures Marcus Easley Patch/Auto #'d 15/25
Have you ever bought a trading card just because of a cool design, auto or patch? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see what second year receiver Marcus Easley can bring to Ralph Wilson Stadium next year for the Buffalo Bills. However, I really bought this card because I've always wanted one of these rookie jersey/auto'd cards from Panini's National Treasures line. I've been trying for some time now to buy either a hoops or football RC auto as I really like the design. Unfortunately, they tend to sell for a pretty penny.

So instead of a Blake Griffin or C.J. Spiller one, I picked up this Marcus Easley for just under $10.00 including shipping. Under $10.00 seems to be my wheelhouse. Easley was injured during his rookie season last year, but I'm hopeful that he can be a solid contributor for the Bills this year. The card is numbered 15 out of 25 and features a sweet patch/auto. I'm pretty excited for my first National Treasures RC auto.

So the question remains, have you ever bought a trading card solely for a cool design, auto or jersey patch? Happy collecting and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".

6 comments:

  1. That card is way cool! I buy cards on a regular basis based on "coolness' factor. I have a small binder dedicated to them and they range from base to crazy multipatch and anything in between. I won't break the bank on them so most are not the greatest players but a few are everyday starters.

    I have an Easley jersey card if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time. That's how my patch collection got started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card... really nice design! Is the autograph on-card too?

    The answer to your question is... most definitely! A perfect example is my Ed Reed SPx Shadow Box card. Sure, I collect Reed now... but originally I just wanted to have one of those sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mark, All NT RC Patch/Auto's are on-card. I agree with those Shadow Box cards. They are sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember as a kid buying two things for this reason 1)86-87 Fleer Sedale Threatt RC just to have a card from this set 2)Buying 93-94 Topps Finest base cards for the same reason, just to say I had Finest cards, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is really a nice card, You design it in a very nice style. I never bought any card solely for a cool design, auto or jersey patch, but just thinking to have it.
    Regard's,
    Ben Linus,
    click on my link

    ReplyDelete