Panini's 2012 Preferred basketball went live last Tuesday as the second hoops release this years from the company. Panini is touting Preferred as a high-end product that combines previously successful designs like Crown Royale, Donruss Signatures, Panini's Choice (formerly Cramer's Choice) and my favorite Silhouettes. I checkout all the press releases for upcoming products months before they go live, and every once and a while I get excited for a product to come out just like I did with Preferred. Luckily for me, Panini was nice enough to send me a box for review. So a big thanks goes out to Panini and The Knight's Lance. Now for all the fun.
Each $200 box contains four individually wrapped cards. I know that four cards for $200 seems steep, but you can see the prices for singles on eBay justify that $200 price tag. Also important to note about these four card boxes is that each card is either an auto or jersey booklet. So every card is a hit. Here is everything else you need to know about Preferred:
- - Every autograph will be limited to a print run of 99 or less
- - Tons of on-card auto's
- - The first Panini America autographs of new Clipper Chris Paul
- - 10 Autographed Crown Royale die-cuts will feature retired legends
- - Three distinct autographed Rookie Card designs for each player — Silhouettes, Crown Royale Die Cuts and Preferred: all limited to 99 or less
- - Next-level memorabilia cards showcasing never-before-seen player combinations on each booklet
THE VERDICT: Aside from the Preferred Signatures, Panini hit a home run on this one, or should I say slam dunk. The Silhouettes and Panini's Choice are amazing. The on-card auto's are great and the list of current NBA superstars and legends is more than extensive. If you are a collector who is looking for hits, than this is the product for you. Let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball".