Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Like Slam Dunks? Here Are The Top 50 NCAA Dunks of All Time!


I know this is a long video, but well worth watching. The video was put together over the past two years by a YouTube user called Mixst311. You can tell the time that was put into this video simply by the quality. This is not your typical grainy YouTube video compilation. The creator of the video took time to find the best footage of NCAA dunkers from both large and small schools. Kudos to Mixst311 for putting together one of the better YouTube videos I've seen in quite a long time. The real question is though, did Mixst311 get the Top 50 NCAA Dunks right?

On a side note, I played against former University of Pittsburg star Julius Paige back in the day in high school. Page is featured at the #6 spot in the video with a left handed throw down. That seems about right from what I remember.

6 comments:

  1. Any dunk that shatters a backboard is RIDICULOUS. I could've sworn that it was possible to do just that in NBA Jam T.E., but I can't seem to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Joe, that is a cool dunk. I love that dunk. Good luck on NBA Jam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that's some compilation of dunks. I can't imagine where to begin ranking these... all of them were amazing. I especially liked the ones where people jumped over other people. If I had to settle for a favorite though... it'd probably be #11... with Drexler dunking all over Andre Turner. He really was gliding through the air on that play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. - Mark, can't agree with you more about that Clyde "The Glyde" Dunk. Some people simply have nicknames and others earn their nickname. Clyde earned it on that one as far as i'm concerned. This is one awesome video!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #36 Will Bynum dunk is sick. I love how he gets in the fools grill after he throws down on him.

    #22 Shaq's dunk is crazy. Skinny Shaq!

    How is the Clyde Drexler dunk only #11?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Shaq dunk is nice. I think that camera angle on that Drexler dunk really helps make it even better, but yeah, 11? I think that should be higher. I also liked some of the "Honorable Mention" dunk too.

    ReplyDelete