Thursday, September 16, 2010

I have Refractoritis!!!

As you all know, I have a great appreciation for various trading card technologies and designs. Lately though, it seems I've caught a nasty case of Refractoritis. Think it's not a true illness? Checkout the symptoms below. These are some of the various refractors I've managed to add to my collection recently.

So I certainly have a nasty case of Refractoritis, but is there a particular set, player or trading card technology that has infected you?







3 comments:

  1. Refractoritis? Is that what they call it? I've had it for years and have never found a cure.

    Here's the answer to your questions... not in any particular order... since I go back and forth on which one is my favorite:

    Set:
    -Any EX set... everything from the matted borders to the acetate and cardboard stuff.
    -1983 Topps baseball
    -1972 Topps baseball
    -Any UD Masterpieces Set

    Player:
    -Kobe Bryant, Byron Scott, and Michael Jordan in basketball
    -Steve Largent, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers in football
    -Tony Gwynn, Jackie Robinson, and Kurt Suzuki in baseball
    -Ryan Miller and Devin Setoguchi in hockey

    Insert Technology:
    -Acetate
    -Refractors
    -Mirrors

    I'm sure I'm missing stuff... but it's 10:30 on a weeknight and I'm sleepy.

    Great article... and great question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all of the sudden into patches now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ, can't blame you there. That was a nice pull!!!

    ReplyDelete